This is a delicious and easy slow cooker recipe that everyone will enjoy!
- 4 lbs. pork shoulder roast, boneless
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend
- 12 oz. BBQ Sauce (We used Jay D’s Louisiana Barbecue Sauce)
- 8 hamburger or brioche buns
- green cabbage, 1/2 head or 3 cups, shredded
- 1 tsp. Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning
- red cabbage, 1/2 head or 3 cups, shredded
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 large jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
Directions for Pork
Season the roast with 2 tbsp. of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning, being sure to cover it
evenly. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and roast. Brown all sides of the
roast and set aside. In the same skillet, reduce heat to medium; add onions and garlic and
sauté until onions are tender. Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the skillet, stir in
dark brown sugar, being sure to scrap the bottom of the skillet to help bring up remnants of the
browned pork and onion/garlic mixture. Bring to a light boil then remove from heat. Place roast
in the slow cooker and pour contents of the skillet over the roast. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Once cooked, remove from the slow cooker and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes. Using 2 forks, pull
roast apart into small slices or chunks. Toss with BBQ sauce to desired taste, serve on buns
and top with coleslaw.
Directions for Coleslaw
Combine the cabbage, jalapeno, onion and carrots in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk
together the mayonnaise, vinegar and Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning. Add dressing to
cabbage mixture and toss well.