Slap Ya Mama introduces the Mardi Gras Meatloaf with Mighty Mushroom Sauce brought to you by 37 Cooks. A perfect way to celebrate the Mardi Gras season complete with Slap Ya Mama's signature gumbo mix, white pepper seasoning, and etouffee sauce.
The folks at Slap Ya Mama really know how to make seasonings. All of their various seasoning mixes and blends combine to make the ultimate Cajun eating experience! For this recipe, Slap Ya Mama Gumbo mix and a confetti blend of peppers create a meatloaf just bursting with the fun flavors and colors of Mardi Gras. Slap Ya Mama Etouffee Sauce brings a rich, smooth base to a sauce that will have you lickin' the pot!
Mardi Gras Meatloaf with Mighty Mushroom Sauce
Recipe by Gary of 37 Cooks
- 1 pound ground beef, preferably 70/30 ratio
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup diced red, orange, yellow, and green peppers (any combination)
- 2 Tablespoons diced celery
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can (8-ounce size) tomato sauce, divided use
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Gumbo Mix
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Slap Ya Mama Etouffee Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons canned button mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line shallow jellyroll pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
For the meatloaf: In a large bowl combine beef, pork, peppers, celery, onion, garlic, egg, half of the tomato sauce, olive oil, bread crumbs, 2 Tablespoons gumbo mix, white pepper seasoning, and black pepper. Mix well, but do not overwork. Form into loaf shape on pan.
In a small bowl, stir together remaining tomato sauce and 1 teaspoon gumbo mix. Spread evenly over meatloaf. Place in oven and cook, uncovered, for 1 hour.
For the sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine etouffee sauce and next seven ingredients over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Check seasonings, adding salt and pepper as needed. Swirl in butter.
Slice thick portions of meatloaf to serve; cover with sauce as desired.
Go Slap Ya Mama Shopping